The Krk fair – St. Lawrence fair
Choosing the island of Krk for your summer vacation destination is a perfect choice regardless of your age. Beautiful Croatia and its islands really have a lot to offer to every visitor and guest, from a relaxing peaceful vacation by the beach, to the less peaceful activities, like bicycling, climbing, diving, sailing…
Summer on the island of Krk is a special story when everything awakens and comes to life with numerous events along the island. Gastronomical stories representing an incredible autochthonous offer of foods of this “golden island”, night bars as well the popular beach bars, every corner unveils something for everybody, so it’s no wonder relaxation and fun are guaranteed for all generations. But, in the sea of occasional and different events, we are singling out the oldest and the most traditional one, the Krk fair – St. Lawrence fair.
St. Lawrence fair is a traditional fair held every year in August, and throughout the 3 days of the weekend it attracts more than 60 000 domestic and foreign visitors thanks to its diverse and rich programme. The fair was first held in 1524. when traders from all over Europe would come to Krk with ships full of different goods, a place where different cultures and habits blended together, where acquaintances and friendships were made, which is carved into every street, every corner of the island to this day.
Today, the goal of this manifestation is to present the rich cultural heritage of the town and the island of Krk in the best possible way through diverse and fun content. You can enjoy reviving historical events such as medieval tournaments, fencing, prosciutto slicing, as well many modern activities.
The accent of St. Lawrence fair is not only to revive the past but to connect history, tradition and modernity in the best possible way so that many domestic and foreign guests can enjoy an event that is the backbone of the island’s brand.
Why should you visit the Krk fair?
– Because of the excellent offer of authentic island’s and Croatian products such as prosciutto, cheese, žlahtina wine, šurlice noodles, liquors and other gastronomic delicacies
– Because you have the possibility to enjoy the offer of many handmade and authentic souvenirs directly from the manufacturer
– Because of the rich entertainment programme in five different locations, while in the Kamplin square you will be taken back to the times of dukes of Frankopan
– Because you can compete in the only prosciutto cutting contest
– Because you can expect many other surprises in the town of Krk which becomes one huge stage for all generations, and of course,
– Because the island of Krk is an excellent choice for your unforgettable vacation.
Don’t miss out on this really interesting and entertaining event, a wide range of authentic products in more than 200 stands, concerts in four stages throughout the town, treasure hunt boat excursions and medieval attires of the local inhabitants. Don’t miss out on the vacation on the island of Krk, a vacation in beautiful Croatia!