5 reasons why booking accommodation on the “Golden” island of Krk is a good idea
You are wondering why you should book accommodation just on the island of Krk? There are many reasons, and we bring you some interesting facts that you will want to come to this beautiful island today.
The sunniest, so-called Golden Island is one of the attractive destinations for tourists due to its rich and varied offer of content and long history. The island’s great advantage is good traffic connection from the mainland via the Krk Bridge, from harbors and ports by boats, ferries from the Valbiska harbor and Rijeka airport near Omišalj.
The mild Mediterranean climate, the favorable geographical position and the richness of natural and cultural contents will ensure you a holiday to remember therefore let your reservation of accommodation start now! 😉
When the island should be described in the 5 reasons why the reservation of accommodation on the island of Krk is a good idea, we would briefly describe it as follows:
• Variety of beaches: sandy, pebbly, rocky with concrete plateaus and a very special beach in the bay Soline in which there is medical mud. On most beaches proudly flying the “Blue Flag”, which marks the purity of the sea, equipment, security and quality of the beach for visitors. Beaches due to which a lot of reservation of accommodation is made over the past time are: Paradise beach, Haludovo, Rupa in Malinska, Porporela beach in the town of Krk, Vela beach located in Baška, Oprna beach near old Baska, medicinal mud beach in Soline bay and many other great beaches, but also those more hidden, more intimate in the small bays. If you miss the real fun on the beach, then visit Punat where you will be able to enjoy wakeboarding, the diving or underwater park and along the way to visit the island Košljun, forest reserve and monument of culture is 10 minutes away by boat.
• Second active holiday for all those who love diving, sailing, hiking and walking, biking or snowboarding and water skiing. Also you should visit one of the natural beauties of the island of Krk, the Biserujka Cave that is located not far from the medicinal bay of Soline.
• Autochthon wine and homemade food
What is this vacation without tasty food and drinks? Vrbnička žlahtina is a quality dry white wine that is produced from autochthonous sort žlahtina white. It is interesting how this sort thrives only in the Krk vineyard. It is best to consume it with sheep cheese, all kinds of fish and seafood specialties, and white meat dishes. From traditional dishes of Krk, try the homemade pasta called “Šurlice” with stew of lamb or lamb zvacet, and from the sweet dishes try the so-called Presnac.
• Interesting history and monuments on the island of KrkDepending on the number of days you book accommodation and the duration of your vacation, you should put first on the list Baška tablet in Jurandvor from 1100, which is a monument to Croatian literacy. There are also many other historical sights such as the dominant cathedral with the Frankopan fortress as the most famous motif of the city of Krk and many others.
• Use good traffic connections and make one-day excursions from the island of Krk One-day excursions by boats let you discover and experience the charms of the hidden bays away from the eyes of the majority or go to other nearby Kvarner islands in the vicinity such as Cres or Lošinj. You can go on one day trips to the islands of Plavnik, Grgur and Goli island in the immediate vicinity and try fishing or scuba diving. By bus, rent-a-car you can make excursions in Opatija, Rijeka, national parks such as Plitvice Lakes, Risnjak and North Velebit, Učka Nature Park and even trips to Istria.